Tradition, excellence and innovation since 1914
Marsh Lumber Company began in 1914 as a small family business in Dover, Ohio. With more than 100 years in business, the company has maintained family ownership and operations through the hardships of WWI and WWII, dropped and added divisions, changed names, and partnered with various corporations.
In the 1930s, Marsh entered the pre-finished wall panel market, which later became known world-wide as Marlite.
In 1958, the Marsh Chalkboard Division began operation and serves as the origin of Marsh’s current product line.
From flooring and car decking in the early years, to today’s chalkboards and visual communication products, Marsh has evolved to become one of the largest manufacturers of visual display board products in the United States.
Located in New Philadelphia, Ohio, the company is proud to manufacture products made in the USA. The facility’s capabilities include developing custom visual communication products, a wide production capacity, central inventory location, sophisticated distribution and logistics strategies, and dedicated customer service.
In 2020, Marsh was acquired by PolyVision, the leading global manufacturer of CeramicSteel surfaces for use in collaboration products and architectural cladding.
At Marsh, we source high-quality materials to deliver best-in-class markerboards and other visual display products.
Our team strives each day to exceed customers’ needs and commits to continuously improving and expanding our product offering to better serve the Education and Division 10 industries.
Marsh Lumber company is established in Dover, Ohio
Marlite is founded
Marsh Chalkboard Division is started
Company becomes Marsh Industries